2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2019 9:25 AM by Malisa Simco

Seeking information on Judson Rau’s military units and records

I am trying to find information on my father and stepfather's military history in WWII. My father was originally in the Cavalry stationed in CA before the war started.  He ended up in Belgium at one point doing something with the railroad and supplies.  His name was Fredrick Schuster. My stepfather, Judson E. Rau, was in the Navy in the Pacific theater.  I believe he ended up in the Seabees but never got confirmation. Both died when I was quite young.

• Re: Seeking information on Judson Rau’s military units and records
          Elliot Schneider Pioneer

Tom,

Do you have any other information on  Fredrick Schuster date of birth, place. Found information on one from Pennsylvania and another from New York?

Thanks,

Elliot Schneider

1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking information on Judson Rau’s military units and records
            Malisa Simco Scout

Dear Mr. Schuster,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

To seek the records of Fredrick Schuster and Judson E. Rau, please begin by requesting their Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and who were separated from the service prior to 1955 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Army Air Corps personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Please complete a separate GSA Standard Form 180 for each one and mail them to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.

We hope this is helpful! Best of luck with your family research!

1 person found this helpful