2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2019 9:03 PM by Mick Watters

Seeking Revolutionary war record of William Watters

Mick Watters Newbie

Trying to establish if a revolutionary war record exists for my greatx5 grandfather, William Watters. William made court affidavit in Tell Township PA in 1838 subsequent to the revolutionary pension act of 1832, and passed away sometime before the 1840 census. There is mention of a letter in 1852 of backpay due William Watters estate.

The information I have so far from a 1982 letter from my grandfather's second cousin:

1) William Watters, born Queens County, Long Island, NY between 1745-1755; Died Tell Township, Huntington County, PA 1838-1840

Married to Catherine (?) before 1774. She was born between 1740-1750. She died between 1830-1840 in Tell Township, Huntington County  PA. He makes a revolutionary war pension affidavit 10 Jan 1838 in the Huntington County, PA courthouse regarding his service from June 1776 near New Germantown, NJ under Captain Frazier, upon which time they joined Lord Stirling's brigade in NY City, and served for 6 months . He served in the NJ militia 4 more times on one month each engagements at Elizabethtown, Bound Brook, Paramus, and Allentown. Sometime around the Battle of Monmouth, circa June/July 1778, the family moved to first Dublin Twnshp and then Tell Township PA where William was a constable