2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2020 11:07 PM by mariah owens

    Seeking record of father stationed at Fort Ord CA


      I'm trying to find information on my biological father. I know he was stationed at Fort Ord in Monterey, CA in 1968-1969. I know his name and where he's from. I don't know where to go from there. Can some please guide me in the right direction. I found a possible match, but don't know if he was stationed at Fort Ord or not.

        • Re: Seeking record of father stationed at Fort Ord CA
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Ms. Martindale,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you obtain a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1957 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA’s National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA’s National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!


          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking record of father stationed at Fort Ord CA

            Hi, Treshel. Were you able to find any additional information about your biological father? I'm in a similar situation and would love any insight or information you have that might help me in my search. Thanks, Mariah