1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 11, 2019 1:48 PM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking my OMPF


      My name is Jerry D Bell, Service # RA17661965. I am seeking my Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) because I want to know what dates I served in Korea. I need this information so I can file for disability from Agent Orange.  I served in Korea from 1967 to 1968 but I need the dates. Thank you

        • Re: Seeking my OMPF
          Lisha Penn Navigator

          Dear Mr. Bell,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1957 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Or you may apply online at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/.


          We hope this is helpful.


          1 person found this helpful