1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 8, 2019 4:03 PM by Lisha Penn

Seeking TO&E 7-14 N

Tommy Johnson Newbie

I am looking for a copy of Table of Organization and Equipment, 7-14 N, Infantry Heavy Mortar Company.  The publication data is: Department of the Army; Washington, D.C.; 26 March 1948.  I am looking for the template document.  I don't know if this is something NARA would have or some other archive.

In my research so far I have read that Army companies also kept unit specific TO&Es which may identify specific personnel in specific jobs.  Is this true?  If so, I  am looking for the TO&E for 21st Infantry Regiment, Heavy Mortar Company, 1950-1951.

• Re: Seeking TO&E 7-14 N
          Lisha Penn Tracker

Dear Mr. Johnson,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located TO&E N 7-14 in the series Government Publications, 1861-1992 in the Publications of the U.S. Government (Record Group 287). Some publications are digitized and available in the Catalog but TO&E N 7-14 is not yet digitized. For access to and/or copies of this publication, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

Assignment of specific jobs may be in the unit roster. Copies of most of the monthly rosters from 1947-59 for Army units are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis, MO. Please contact them for access to rosters for the 21st Infantry Regiment, Heavy Mortar Company. The address is the National Archives at St. Louis, ATTN: RL-SL, P.O. Box 38757, St. Louis, MO 63138-0757 and the email address is stl.archives@nara.gov.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!