2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2019 9:33 AM by Malisa Simco

    Seeking records of Father's Army unit


      My father, Martimiano N. Mejia, served in WWII and Korea. I am seeking his Army unit records

        • Re: Seeking records of Father's Army unit
          Elliot Schneider Guide



          Found information on bariual


          Name: Martimiano N Mejia

          Birth Date: 21 abr 1926 (21 Apr 1926)

          Death Date: 18 jun 1981

          Cemetery: Saint Francis Cemetery

          Burial or Cremation Place: Phoenix, Maricopa County (Maricopa), Arizona, United States of America


          Here is what I found in BIRLS on Fold3 they have him listed as Marti plus search the AAD RG 64 on NARA website and found his enlistment number. This should be enough information to request all service members records or OMPF files.


          Marti Mejia

          Service number: 39866806

          Social Security Number:


          Birth Date:

          21 Apr 1926

          Death Date:

          18 Jun 1981



          Enlistment Date:

          13 Oct 1944

          Enlistment Date:

          10 Sep 1950


          Release Date:

          17 Nov 1946

          Release Date:

          29 May 1951





          Elliot Schneider

          2 people found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking records of Father's Army unit

            Dear Mr. Mejia,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            In order to search for your father’s unit records, we suggest that you first request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) that may list his unit information. OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1955 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. 


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!