1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2019 12:05 PM by Sylvia Naylor

Seeking records of "REIMAHG" underground aircraft factory

Patrick Brion Newbie

Greetings to all,

I'm looking for any relevant information regarding the underground aircraft factory "REIMAHG", near Kahla (Thüringia, Germany) between 1944 - 1945. The factory was set to assemble the Me-262 jet aircraft.  Mid-April 1945, the factory and the surrounding camps (with 10.000 forced laborers) were occupied/liberated by the 89th Infantry Division.

• Re: Seeking records of "REIMAHG" underground aircraft factory
          Sylvia Naylor Adventurer

Dear Mr. Brion,

Thank you for posting your question on History Hub!

We searched our holdings and located a file unit for Kahla titled “1119 (1396)” in the series “Damage Assessment Reports, 1942-1945” in the Records of the U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey (Record Group 243) that consists of several reports and photographs on an underground factory producing Me-262 jet aircraft. 

Also, we searched the National Archives catalog for records on “Underground factory” and “Germany.”  The search produced the following results.

Further, we would suggest reviewing records of the 89th Infantry Division.  These records are located in the series titled “World War II Operations Reports, 1940-1948” in the Records of the Adjutant General’s Office (Record Group 407) as they may contain some information relevant to your research.

We hope this is helpful.  Best of luck with your research!

1 person found this helpful