1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2019 10:31 AM by Lisha Penn

Can I get a copy of historic passport?

karen mcmanus Newbie

I have passport No.  Is this possible?

• Re: Can I get a copy of historic passport?
          Lisha Penn Scout

Dear Ms. McManus,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located Passport Applications, 1/6/1906 - 3/31/1925 in the General Records of the Department of State (Record Group 59) that contain a digitized box list of passport numbers issued before 1926. There are 155 additional passport applications for you to review. However, these records are not digitized yet in the Catalog. For access to and/or copies of any of those additional passports, please contact the National Archives in Washington - Textual Reference (RDT1) via email at archives1@nara.gov.

The State Department has custody of passport applications dated after 1925. For information on

how to request an application, please visit their website at https://travel.state.gov/passport/services/copies/copies_872.html. All requests for passport records issued from 1925 to the present should be mailed to the Department of State, Passport

Services, Research and Liaison Section, Room 500, 1111 19th Street, NW, Washington, DC

20524-1705.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

1 person found this helpful