1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2019 9:58 AM by Malisa Simco

    Searching for Records of Kelley Albert Hedges


      Where and when did my Father, Kelley Albert Hedges, serve in the Navy?  (I believe it was between 1939 - 1945) Also Rank and How long was he in the Service?  Honorable or Dishonorable Discharge?  (I believe it would have been Honorable) Also, looking for a Birth Date & Birth Place. Apparently he was adopted and I have been doing research on a family tree project.

        • Re: Searching for Records of Kelley Albert Hedges

          Dear Ms. Hedges,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          To begin your search, we suggest that you request your father’s Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1885 and prior to 1955 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!