1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2019 12:18 PM by Rebecca Collier

Seeking origin of memo re Belgium Manufacturers of M1 Bayonets

Dale Sollom Newbie

I have been researching Belgium Manufacturers of M1 Bayonets and have an electronic copy of a memo titled “Inspection of Belgium Manufactured Items” dated May 26, 1945 that was from the Ord. Ind. Div., Belgium Branch, Eng. and Insp. Branch to the Parts and Minor Ass’y Section, Insp. Branch, Ind. Div. I was told that this document was found at the National Archives. Would it be possible to locate this document in the National Archives with the idea that there may be other documents related to my research located with this document. I have an electric copy of this memo that I could email to someone if that would be of any value, providing someone explains to me how to do that.

Additionally, when an Expert replies back to my question, if I have a question about the response I received, is there a way to reply back or do I have to input another question to the History Hub? In the Response back to my question it was mentioned that there were 2 series and 8 file units.  It turns out that not of the items are online. It was stated in the Response the following: For access to these, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.  If I do email archives2reference@nara.gov, what information do I need to provide to them to find the document I am looking for?

• Re: Seeking origin of memo re Belgium Manufacturers of M1 Bayonets
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Mr. Sollom,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

As we stated earlier, we located 2 series & 8 file units pertaining to bayonets and scabbards during WWII and later. The 2 series and 3 file units at the top of the list have NOT been digitized. Please search through the series for the file units or the series box list for items of interest. Once you have located particular file units, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov. Please provide the name and NAID number of the series and/or file unit(s) and box number in which you are interested in your email and indicate if you wish a paper or digital copy of the records.

There are 5 of the file units that ARE digitized. Please click on the file unit title to view the digital images.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

2 people found this helpful