1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2019 9:15 AM by Malisa Simco

    Seeking personnel file of deceased relative


      How do I obtain State Department or Foreign Service employment records for a deceased relative? My great aunt worked all over the world with the State Department during the 1950s-1980s. I would like obtain her records to see where she lived, when, etc. Thanks for any help!

        • Re: Seeking personnel file of deceased relative

          Dear Ms. Arena,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Official Personnel Files (OPFs) and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity since 1952 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center. Written requests may be mailed or faxed to National Personnel Records Center Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. The fax number is 618-935-3014. Please include full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service. For more information, please check their web site at https://www.archives.gov/st-louis/civilian-personnel/index.html.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!


          2 people found this helpful