1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2019 2:08 PM by Sylvia Naylor

    seeking father's station during WWII germany


      I am trying to find out where my father , James Andrew Dunivan from Perrysville, Indiana , was stationed during WWII. He said he was in the medical corps as an ambulance driver in Germany during WW2.  How do I find out where he was then?

        • Re: seeking father's station during WWII germany
          Sylvia Naylor Scout

          Dear Ms. Petty,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          If you haven’t already, we suggest that you begin your research by finding out what unit your father served in during World War II. This information might be in his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).  Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1955 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. 


          We hope this information is helpful.  Best of luck with your family research!