2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2019 2:33 PM by Melinda Ratchford

    How to obtain personnel records of mother


      I am trying to obtain the personnel records of my mother who was basically a civil servant from 1942 to late 1980's.  She worked in Charry Point NC  and at Parris Island, in Beaufort SC.  I know very little about the early years of her working life and would like to obtain a copy of her  personnel file.  Who do I contact and what is the best approach.


      Thank you so much

        • Re: How to obtain personnel records of mother
          Lisha Penn Ranger

          Dear Ms. Ratchford,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Please request a copy of your mother’s Official Personnel File (OPF). Official Personnel Files (OPFs) and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity since 1952 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center. Written requests may be mailed or faxed to National Personnel Records Center Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. The fax number is 618-935-3014. Please include full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service. For more information, please check their web site at https://www.archives.gov/st-louis/civilian-personnel/index.html.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!


          1 person found this helpful