1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 21, 2019 11:06 AM by Rebecca Collier

Seeking records of 124th AAA Battalion, New York National Guard

Bernard M. Kessler Newbie

Does anyone have info on the 124th AAA Battalion New York National Guard? Could not find anything thru search. This was during the early 1950s. I found a cousin that was assigned to the New York National Guard in the 124th AAA Battalion during the early days of Korea. I want to contact the unit to see they can release any info. I could not find them thru a google search. I need a contact address if they are still active. Any help is appreciated.Thanks.

• Re: Seeking records of 124th AAA Battalion, New York National Guard
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Mr. Kessler,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the Records of the Adjutant General's Office (Record Group 407) and the Records of U.S. Army Operational, Tactical, and Support Organizations (World War II and Thereafter) (Record Group 338) but were unable to locate unit records of the 124th Anti-Aircraft Artillery (AAA) Battalion during the 1950s.

We also searched the collections of the New York State Military Museum but were unable to locate information pertaining to the 124th AAA Battalion.

For further information, we suggest that you write to the National Guard Bureau, Office of Information and Privacy (NGB/JA-OIP), 111 South George Mason Drive, AH2, Arlington VA 22204-1373 or email ngb.foia@mail.mil. They may be able to locate information regarding the 124th.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

1 of 1 people found this helpful