1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2019 11:16 AM by Rebecca Collier

RG 85 -- Subject and Policy Files, 1893 - 1957

Carolyn Murray Newbie

Hello,

Can anyone help me figure out how to order a copy of records included in the series titled "Subject and Policy Files, 1893 - 1957"?

I have done hours of research on the NARA website, sent emails, left voicemails, etc. sadly to no avail. A large part of the series consists of deportation case files of individuals who were deported for various reasons. I have the case file number for the individual whose record I am trying to obtain. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

• Re: RG 85 -- Subject and Policy Files, 1893 - 1957
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Ms. Murray,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the Subject and Policy Files, 1893-1957 in the Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (Record Group 85). If the case file number you have is in the 51,000 to 56,000 file number range, please contact the National Archives at Washington, DC - Textual Reference (RDT1) via email at archives1reference@nara.gov. Since not all files from the INS survived before they were transferred to NARA, please ask if the file you seek is available and what the fee for copies is.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

[Information provided by Elizabeth Burnes, Subject Matter Expert]

1 of 1 people found this helpful