1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 19, 2019 9:03 AM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking all Sedore men & women who served overseas during war


      My family, the Sedore family, has served in every war since the Revolutionary War.  I would like to distinguish which ones served overseas from those who were serving in country.  (I already have the information about the ones who served in the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.)   I want to honor both groups, but separate them in the appropriate category.  Any help would be appreciated.  By the way, our Sedore family has many Canadian members too. Thank you!

        • Re: Seeking all Sedore men & women who served overseas during war
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Mr. Sedore,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          To seek the records of your Sedore family members, please begin by requesting his/her Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and served in WWI, WWII, the Korean War, or the Vietnam War are in the custody of NARA’s National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Air Force personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 for each person and mail it to NARA’s National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002.


          For the information you seek about your Canadian Sedore relatives, we suggest you contact the Library and Archives of Canada, 395 Wellington Street, Ottawa, ON  K1A 0N4, Canada.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!


          1 person found this helpful