2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2019 10:55 AM by Elliot Schneider

    Correction of record and replace of medals/awards


      Change of Enlisted Record and Report of Separation Honorable Discharge  From WD AGO 53-55. I understand The Standard Form 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records (SF180) is used to request information from military records and verify the awards and medals to which a veteran is entitled, however, NPRC does not have records for GEB including the Enlisted Record and Report of Separation Form WD AGO53-55 (WW II) as a result of the Fire of 1973.


      I will send a certified copy of GEB's Discharge Form from the St. Louis County Recorder and other documents to request the awards and metals he received during the war.  However, Customer Service at NPRC said any documents I send would be labeled unofficial. Question: Will NPRC verify documents and replace GEB's medals and awards?


      Thank you

        • Re: Correction of record and replace of medals/awards
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. Olson,


          Thank you for posting your question to the History Hub!


          The National Personnel Records Center at St. Louis will use auxiliary records from our holdings to verify the information provided by the Recorder of Deeds.  The issuance of medals is on a case by case basis. Please submit a completed SF-180 to begin an inquiry and mail it to the address below. Include that you are seeking medals and awards as the purpose of your request located in Section II as well as copies you’ve obtained from the Recorder of Deeds. 


          National Personnel Records Center

          1 Archives Drive

          St. Louis, MO



          We hope this information has been helpful!



          Holly Rivet


          3 people found this helpful
          • Re: Correction of record and replace of medals/awards
            Elliot Schneider Ranger



            If your looking to correct the record of discharge that will need to be done with a DD 149, for military corrections. The agency is called Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA). You will need to address the Army Board of Corrections of Military Records


            Army Review Boards Agency

            251 18th Street South, Suite 385 Arlington, VA 22202-3531.





            Elliot Schneider

            2 people found this helpful