2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2019 10:23 AM by Thomas Blair

Seeking records of 151st Infantry Regiment

Thomas Blair Newbie

My Grandfather was killed in the Philippines in WWII.  I am trying to find as much information as I can regarding his service there.  I have obtained copies of the "Morning Reports" for his unit.  I am now looking for maps that will allow me to see where they were on specific dates. Where can I find WWII military maps of Rizal Province, Luzon Island, Philippines? Is there any additional information that I should be looking for?

His name is Carlton Thomas Blair, 151st Infantry Regiment, Co I

• Re: Seeking records of 151st Infantry Regiment
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Mr. Blair,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located four series of maps of the Luzon area during WWII that are in the custody of the National Archives at College Park - Cartographic (RDSC). For access to these maps, please contact RDSC via email at carto@nara.gov.

We also searched the World War II Operations Reports, 1940-1948 in the Records of the Adjutant General's Office (Record Group 407) and located a combat narrative for Operation Luzon from 29 January to 20 June 1945 of the 151st Infantry Regiment, 38th Infantry Division. The narrative includes sketch maps and photographs of the area. For access to and/or copies of the narrative, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

Additional information about his service may be contained in his Individual Deceased Personnel File (IDPF). IDPFs from 1940-1976 for personnel with surnames that begin with A-L are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL), P.O. Box 38757, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. For access to these records, please contact RL-SL via email at stl.archives@nara.gov.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

2 of 2 people found this helpful