1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 5, 2019 8:33 AM by Lisha Penn

    Is there enlistment records of WWII veterans?


      I’m searching for my Dad’s records who was a WWII veteran. He was a Lieutenant United States Armed Forces in the Far East in Cebu Island, Philippines. Are there enlistment records?

        • Re: Is there enlistment records of WWII veterans?
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Mr. Macabuhay,


          Thanks for posting your request on History Hub!


          World War II Army Enlistment Records are in the custody of the Electronic Records Division (RDE) and are available via AAD (Access to Archival Databases) on the National Archives website at: http://aad.archives.gov/aad/. Click on “World War II” under the category section. A list of the databases relating to WWII will appear and select the first database to search the WWII Army Enlistment Records.


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for officers of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after June 1917 and prior to 1956 are in the custody of NARA’s National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Enclosed is a GSA Standard Form 180 which you should complete and mail to NARA’s National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. Or you may apply online at https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck on your family research!


          1 person found this helpful