4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2019 2:06 PM by mlminske

Seeking log books of USS Parsons (DDG-33)

I'm looking for log books for the USS Parsons (DDG-33) for the months of Aug thru Dec 1972

• Re: Seeking log books of USS Parsons (DDG-33)
          Jason Atkinson Pioneer

Dear Mr. Lewis,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the Logbooks of U.S. Navy Ships and Stations, 1941 - 1983 in the Records of the Bureau of Naval Personnel (Record Group 24) that include the deck logs of the USS Parsons (DDG-33) from August 1972 through December 1972.  For access to and/or copies of these records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

3 people found this helpful

Hello Leonard,

My name is Marty Minske and I too am in search of Pardons deck logs.  I have all of the AO symptoms and am looking for near shore instances when we would have pulled contaminated water into our desalination system.  I do not currently have any logs but am trying diligently to get them and would be glad to share and wonder if you would be interested in doing the same.  Hope you are well.

Thank You

Marty Minske STG1

1 person found this helpful

Marrty, 

Thank you for contacting me, I really appreciate it. Recently I have joined the Facebook USS Parsons group and a member says he has the history for 1972. I messaged him my email and I am waiting to hear from him with a copy. I would be happy to share with you when I receive it. Sorry to hear about your symptoms I do hope that you receive the care that you need someday soon.

Regards,

Leonard Lewis OS1

1 person found this helpful

Leonard,

My wife has made good progress with the national archives in Maryland. It remains to be seen what we actually get from it but our hopes are high.

Regards,

Marty Minske STG1