1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 5, 2019 1:27 PM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking information about Harvey Earl Harding


      Looking for information on my Dad, Harvey Earl Harding. He was in the Navy & enlisted in 1945

        • Re: Seeking information about Harvey Earl Harding
          Lisha Penn Ranger

          Dear Ms. England,


          Thanks for posting your request on History Hub!


          To seek the records of a WWII veteran, please begin by requesting his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). The medical and Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) of enlisted men of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1885 and prior to 1957 are located at NARA’s National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. The enclosed GSA Standard Form 180 should be used to request these records. Or you may apply online at https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/.


          Once you have the OMPF, you may request the ship deck logs or unit records.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!