1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2019 9:30 AM by Rebecca Collier

    Medical records for USMC treated in Saipan

    Francisco Abril Wayfarer



      Per the muster rolls of the USMC of November and December of 1944, my grandfather was hospitalized in US Army Hospital #148 (located in Saipan).  The dates of his hospital stay are from November 16th to December 9th.  That's all the muster rolls say.  Is there a way to obtain the medical information for this inpatient hospitalization?  Thanks!

        • Re: Medical records for USMC treated in Saipan
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Abril,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The information you seek should be in your grandfather’s medical records rather than in the records of the hospital. Medical records of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service after 1904 and prior to 1957 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Or you may apply online at https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!


          [Information provided by Nate Patch, Subject Matter Expert]

          1 person found this helpful