1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2019 9:13 AM by Jason Atkinson

Resources for Hiring NARA Researcher.

Richard Spann Newbie

Hi folks.

Can you recommend some good sites where I can engage a researcher to visit the NARA location in Washington DC?

I seek copies and duplication of architectural records, building plans, blueprints, drawings, and elevations associated with a building in Vallejo California.

I have the list of desired record citations from my NARA request.

I acknowledge that some of the original material may be quite large. Where possible, I will accept full size reproductions.

If digitization is available, recommended, or feasible, I will accept the best file format (eg vector graphics file).

I will also accept any relevant materials beyond architectural renderings, for completeness.

My interest is in submitting the building for local, state and national landmark status. I want to gather as much information as possible to support the applications.

I am grateful for any suggestions or recommendation you can share.

• Re: Resources for Hiring NARA Researcher.
          Jason Atkinson Tracker

Dear Mr. Spann,

Thank you for posting your request to History Hub!

If you are unable to come to the National Archives, you may hire a private researcher to do research for you. The history departments at some of the local universities may be able to help you. Several possibilities are history departments at Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057; George Washington University, Washington, DC 20052; George Mason University, Fairfax, VA 22030; and the University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20740. A list of private researchers who are familiar with National Archives facilities is available on our web site at https://www.archives.gov/research/hire-help/index.html.

We hope you find this information useful. Best of luck with your research!

1 of 1 people found this helpful