1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2019 9:18 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking records of USS JAMES MONROE SSBN-622


      Seeking medical and personnel records from USS JAMES MONROE SSBN-622 1977-1981

        • Re: Seeking records of USS JAMES MONROE SSBN-622
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Mr. Blake,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Navy personnel diaries (also known as muster rolls) after 1976 are in the custody of the Navy Personnel Command (PERS-00J6), 5720 Integrity Drive, Millington, TN 38055. These provide a listing of anyone who reported on-board each day, anyone who left, anyone who did not report, and anyone who reenlisted. They also include copies of the Officer Distribution Control Report (ODCR) and the Enlisted Distribution Verification Report (EDVR). Individuals are listed by name, rank/rate and social security number.


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and medical records of enlisted men and officers of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1956 and prior to January 31, 1994 are located at NARA’s National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. Veterans may request their own files online through eVetRecs.  For more information see our web pages Request Military Service Records and Veterans' Medical and Health Records.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

          1 person found this helpful