2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2019 10:35 AM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking Military Records of James S. Sanders


      Military info for James S. Sanders served approximately 1945 to 1947 in U. S. Marine Corps. Where can I find the number and his rank?

        • Re: Seeking Military Records of James S. Sanders
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          Do you know if James was from New York, do you have a DOB, and or place that he grew up. You can also request his OMPF file from NPRC National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. This can be done by filing out a SF-180, or going to NARA website click on Veterans Resources and request using Vetrecs it's an online request that you can use but requires afterwards to print out document tracking number and sign and fax back directions ate on the printed document. I would suggest using the SF-180 form and when doing so request his " service members full military file".




          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: Seeking Military Records of James S. Sanders
            Lisha Penn Pioneer

            Dear Ms. Taylor,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            The information you seek may be included in his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and medical records of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service after 1904 and prior to 1957 are located at NARA National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed a GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!


            1 person found this helpful