1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 31, 2019 12:25 PM by Sylvia Naylor

Seeking list of US Servicemen stationed at Rhein Air Force Base

I am searching for family history and am stumped. How can I get a list of US servicemen stationed at Rhein Air Force Base in Germany in 1959? I am looking possibly for Zeigler and Osban. I know Ronald E Osban was there and am looking for his friend who is deceased with last name Zeigler.

PJ

• Re: Seeking list of US Servicemen stationed at Rhein Air Force Base
          Sylvia Naylor Adventurer

Dear Ms. Jenkins,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched available finding aids to records located in the Records of U.S. Air Force Commands, Activities, and Organizations (Record Group 342) but were not able to locate any textual records relevant to your research.

When searching for rosters at Air Force bases, it is important to know what units were stationed at a specific base.  Please provide this information if possible. If you do not have this information, you may want to contact the Air Force Historical Research Agency, 600 Chennault Circle, Building 1405, Maxwell AirForce Base, AL 36112-6424 as they have unit histories and supporting documents of Air Force units in their custody. These files often include historical reports. You should call (334) 953-2395 or write to that office for further information concerning these records. The web site is https://www.afhra.af.mil/

Once you have the name of the unit(s) stationed at the Rhein-Main Air Base, you might want to contact the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) for information on how to access the Morning Reports and Unit Rosters.  For more details please go here.

We hope this information is helpful.  Best of luck with your research!

2 people found this helpful