1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2019 3:41 PM by Rebecca Collier

    Seeking Information about Ellis Freeman Justice


      I was told I was a child of Cherokee and IPSWICH Descendant. I have a rare genetic disorder 1 in 50,000. I have left leg shorter than right with hip issues, many learning disorders. Looking for information related to family history. Current biological family on both side will not talk .


      I was told my grandfather Ellis Freeman Justice was a silversmith and shoe polisher back in late 1800s or early 1900s. Also something regarding him being an English Speaking man with bad English. (Possible Sequoia Descendant).  I was also told he was in the Military and fought in Germany. I have searched the records I was allowed to search and others are Classified Military or Missing. Of course they are missing. That is where I am left. His wife name was O.L. Justice. I was told he never returned from overseas. Like the Military just lost track of him.

        • Re: Seeking Information about Ellis Freeman Justice
          Rebecca Collier Guide

          Dear Addakyn Wood,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We searched Ancestry and located military information about Ellis Freeman Justice (or variations of) that may be of interest. We also located a website of the descendants of Native Americans near Ipswich, MA, and suggest that you review NARA’s web pages pertaining to Native Americans.


          If you haven’t already, please request a copy of your grandfather’s Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces who were separated from the service prior to 1955 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!

          2 people found this helpful