1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2019 10:24 AM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking father's OMPF


      Seeking father's service record (WW2) U.S. Army. I was not able to download signature page from NARA's website and have emailed problem to them and waiting for response. He served in France ...i believe in a transportation unit in 1944-45. He never spoke much about the war. I will be visiting France this summer and would like to know area he was in.

        • Re: Seeking father's OMPF
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Mr. Prentice,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1955 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!