1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 19, 2019 1:45 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Current Federal Employee seeking missing SF50s

    Michelle Birchfield Newbie

      I am a current federal employee and recently going onto the eOPF website discovered that the first 10 years of my 21 years of service is missing from three different DoD installations I worked for.  They were never requested when I transferred branches.


      I understand that as a current employee I cannot request the records myself that were forwarded to the archives 120 days after transfer and they must be officially requested through my current Human Resource Office via a SF127 form. 


      However, my office does not believe me and thinks they can just call my previous installations and request the records from 1998-2008.  I need help to guide them as this has been going on for 5 months now and need my records complete.


      Help would be greatly appreciated

      Thank you

        • Re: Current Federal Employee seeking missing SF50s
          Jason Atkinson Tracker

          Dear Ms Birchfield,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

          Authorized representatives of Federal personnel offices can use Standard Form 127 to request Official Personnel Folders (OPFs) from the National Personnel Records Center that have been separated for more than 120 days. Please see our page Civilian Personnel Records, Services for Federal Agencies for more information.

          Federal employees can request copies of their own records by mailing a letter to the National Personnel Records Center, Annex. 1411 Boulder Boulevard Valmeyer, IL 62295 or by faxing 618-935-3019. For additional questions, you may also call 618-935-3058.

          There is a possibility that the records were not transferred to the National Personnel Records Center, so it would be appropriate to contact your previous employers as well.

          You may also need to request a records correction through the Office of Personnel Management.  See the page  What should I do if my records are wrong? for more information.

          We hope this information is helpful.

          1 of 1 people found this helpful