1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 19, 2019 6:44 AM by Rebecca Collier

Medical Corps Service Extracts

Amy Hall Newbie

I have checked the NARA catalog for WWII Medical Corps Service extracts that are located in St. Louis but nothing has popped up. I am looking for a cousin who served in the US, bouncing from hospital to hospital from 1942 - 1947. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am visiting St. Louis in August and hoped to review this file on my visit. TIA

• Re: Medical Corps Service Extracts
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Ms. Hall,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The medical extracts (or hospital admissions records) that is referred to on the internet consists of a printout produced from the Army Office of the Surgeon General Hospital Admission Electronic Data Files. The year ranges are 1942-1945, 1950-1954, 1958-1963. The other file referred to are the Chemical Warfare Service Officers Index, 1941 - 1959 that include cards for WACs. 

When you visit the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL) in August, please explain to the staff the information you are seeking instead of requesting a particular series of records. They will be able to assist you in your search and guide you to the correct group of records.

We hope that this information is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!

1 person found this helpful