1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 11, 2019 2:17 PM by Becca Simons

Seeking Photos of 648th Medical Clearing Company WWII

Edmund Kruszynski Newbie

My name is Ed Kruszynski and my father S/Sgt Edmund D. Kruszynski served as a medic for the 648th Clearing Company.  The 648th Medical Clearing company was  part of the 65th Medical Group in Patton’s 3rd Army.  I am looking to find any photographs that might have been taken of the 648th Medical Clearing Company by the US Signal corps that were assigned to that Medical Group/Clearing Company. 

The 648th Medical Clearing Company was formally activated in March 1944.  They landed on Utah Beach In July 1944 and stayed until the war ended and troops returned home October 1945.

In addition I do have many personal photographs that my father too on his own accord during his travels in Europe.  If you are interested I can share a few of them with you and if you feel that they are suitable you could add them to your collection so other researchers like me could obtain photograph pictures of relatives that served in WW2.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to hearing back from you,

Ed Kruszynski

• Re: Seeking Photos of 648th Medical Clearing Company WWII
          Becca Simons Scout

Dear Mr. Kruszynski,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located a series titled Unit Annual Reports, 1940-1949 in the Records of the Office of the Surgeon General (Army) (Record Group 112) that includes a history of the 648th for 1944-1945. Unfortunately, the history does not include photos.

Photographs of various U.S. Army activities dating from 1940 to 2007 are in the custody of the National Archives at College Park - Still Picture (RDSS). Please contact RDSS via email at stillpix@nara.gov. The photograph you seek may be part of this collection.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

1 person found this helpful