5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2021 7:21 PM by Ralph Dominguez

    DD-214 for Army Reservists?


      Hi All, I lost my mom last month. She was a Reservist in the Army for 18 years. She was never active duty. I was told to find her DD-214 and it couldn't be found so now I'm wondering if Reservists even have burial benefits? If so, where do I start? I've been chasing this DD-214 for a month and now I don't know what to do.


      Thanks for your help!

        • Re: DD-214 for Army Reservists?
          Elliot Schneider Guide



          I believe that Reserve members typically do not get DD 214s unless they had 90days or more on active duty. But here is what I would recommend doing is contacting the following. I would try all three numbers. Tell them what you are seeking. Your mother's records my still be in IPERMs and have not been transferred to the NPRC it is worth looking into. They should assist you also may want to talk with Casualty and Mortuary Affairs dont have the number but maybe they could help you.


          Army Human Resources Command

          Army Personnel Records Division


          Chief, APRD 502-613-8984

          Deputy, APRD 502-613-8983

          SGM, APRD 502-613-8982





          Elliot Schneider

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: DD-214 for Army Reservists?
            Rebecca Collier Guide

            Dear Ms. Roberts,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs), including DD-214s, for those who served in the U.S. Army Reserves served since October 2002 are in the custody of the U. S. Army Human Resources Command, ATTN: AHRC-PDR-VIB, 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Department 420, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5402. The telephone number is 1-888-276-9472; email address is askhrc.army@us.army.mil; and the web site is www.hrc.army.mil.


            We hope this information is helpful.


            1 person found this helpful