1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2019 3:44 PM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking father's Navy records, WWII


      I'm trying to find my fathers military records. He was in the Navy but I don't know the name of the ship he served on or any other information about his service. I think he served in the Pacific. He never talked about the war and we never pushed the subject.

        • Re: Seeking father's Navy records, WWII

          Dear Ms. Isom,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          You may be able to request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) from the National Personnel Records Center, St. Louis. The files contain basic biographical information as well as military training and bases where they served. Often times they also include identification pictures and personal correspondence. 


          These records are releasable to the public when the date of separation becomes 62 years from today’s date. You may request these OMPFs to view in our Research Room for no charge or complete an SF-180 form and send it to the following address:


          NPRC Mailing Address:

          National Personnel Records Center

          Military Personnel Records

          1 Archives Drive

          St. Louis, MO 63138

          Phone: 314-801-0800

          Fax: 314-801-9195


          We hope this information has been helpful!



          Holly Rivet

          3 people found this helpful