2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2019 11:10 AM by Becca Simons

    How to verify employment of Army doctor?


      How do I verify the employment of an army doctor?

        • Re: How to verify employment of Army doctor?
          J. Andrew Scout

          What time period are you talking about?  Are you doing historical/geneology work or do you need to verify the employment history of someone currently living?

          • Re: How to verify employment of Army doctor?

            Dear Ms. Brown,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces until 1998 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Many Army and Air Force personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, but proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy & Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected. Please have your fiancé complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. 


            We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck on your research!


            1 person found this helpful