1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 3, 2019 2:26 PM by rsimons

Seeking unit roster of platoon in Vietnam

Not sure where to begin, but I am trying to find a soldier who served in the same platoon as my great uncle in Vietnam. I have my great uncle's information but all I have of the unknown solder is his first name. My uncle requested his unborn son be named after this solder but died before he could get home and tell everyone the story. I would like to try to find this man who had such an impact on my uncle's life. I have no idea if there are databases or records like this.

• Re: Seeking unit roster of platoon in Vietnam
          Scout

Dear Ms. Frazier,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The semi-annual rosters (i.e., April and October) for 1960-74 for Army units are attached to the morning reports of the respective units. All rosters for the period are not available and usually list only enlisted personnel. Paper copies may be obtained from microfilm by writing to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Research and reproduction fees are charged for this service. Please use a GSA Standard Form 180 to request this information.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

1 person found this helpful