3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2019 7:55 PM by J. Andrew

    finding military buddies


      would love anyone out there to help me look for my army buddy .

        • Re: finding military buddies
          Elliot Schneider Guide



          What unit were you stationed with any additional information would be great.


          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: finding military buddies
            Darren Cole Scout

            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            The National Archives does not have the present addresses of former service personnel or their survivors on file.  The Federal agency most likely to have such addresses is the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA can forward a message from you to the veteran, providing the veteran has filed a claim with VA, and they have an address on record.


            To forward a message, please write your message and place it in an unsealed, stamped envelope. Also include a note to the VA explaining who it is you are trying to reach and add as much identifying information as you have. Place all of this in another envelope addressed to the nearest Veterans Affairs Regional Office (you can find the address athttps://www.va.gov/directory/guide/home.asp).


            If the veteran is in their records, your message to the veteran will be sealed and the envelope addressed to the address they have on file for the veteran. Please note that the veteran may not have informed the VA of a change of address, so they cannot guarantee receipt of your message. If the veteran receives your note, it is then up to the veteran to contact you.


            We hope this is helpful.

            1 person found this helpful
            • Re: finding military buddies
              J. Andrew Tracker

              In addition to the previous suggestions, you might want to try contacting veterans associations as well as internet forums and social media communities that cater to veterans.

              1 person found this helpful