1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2019 1:27 PM by Rebecca Collier

    Seeking blank WD AGO Form 53-55


      I'm looking for a blank copy of WD AGO Form 53-55.  We have my grandfather's discharge paper, however it's a horrible copy and hard to make out.  I'd like to recreate it in order to make a showdow box for my mother.  I've tried looking online but can't find a blank one.  Thank you.


      Matthew C.

        • Re: Seeking blank WD AGO Form 53-55
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Clawiter,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The National Archives had very few blank forms of any kind. We did locate exhibits of separation forms such as the WD AGO Form 53-55 in the pamphlet “Separation Forms of the Armed Forces of the United States, “ National Headquarters, Selective Service System, Washington, DC (May 1949). Unfortunately, it has specimen written across it. If you would like a copy of the 2-page form, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.


          We hope this is helpful.


          2 people found this helpful