1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2019 12:00 PM by Becca Simons

Seeking information on anyone with last name of DeRoche, WW I

Keith DeRoche Newbie

I am looking for information on anyone with last name of DeRoche (or any variant this name) from Louisiana who served during WW I. Do you have any information?

• Re: Seeking information on anyone with last name of DeRoche, WW I
          Becca Simons Scout

Dear Mr. DeRoche,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) of enlisted men of the U.S. Armed Forces who served during WWI are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. A GSA Standard Form 180 should be used to request these records.

The First World War selective service (draft) records (including the 4th registration) are in the custody of the National Archives at Atlanta (RE-AT), 5780 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260. The email address is altanta.archives@nara.gov. Only a few digital images of these records are available on the National Archives Catalog.

Therefore by using Ancestry, we conducted a search of the WWI draft cards for anyone with the last name Deroche born or living in Louisiana and located 128 from Louisiana. Since you mentioned your grandfather, Hellier DeRoche,  in your second post, we also searched and located a draft card for a Helier Desroche born in Louisiana in 1881. There may be a fee for using this service. Or you may view these records online at one NARA's facilities for free via ALIC. For the nearest NARA location, please consult our web page at https://www.archives.gov/locations/. Also, the same draft card from Ancestry is available for free on FamilySearch.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!

1 person found this helpful