1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2019 9:44 AM by rsimons

Finding visual records on the South of Laos during the Vietnam War

Hi! I have found a Super8mm movies from the Vietnam War online in an open source. The movie contains the view of Wat Phu in Champasak town that is the focus on my research.

It is said in the description that the film was shot in October 1970 by the Raven 58. I am wondering if I could find more records by him in an archive or a library. May you help me locate the collection by the Raven Forward Air Controllers since they seemed to do the pilot survey before the US military operated in the areas of Laos and Vietnam.

I will be appreciated by any answer and suggestion. Thank you in advance.

Lassamon

• Re: Finding visual records on the South of Laos during the Vietnam War
          Scout

Dear Lassamon Maitreemit,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Motion picture records of combat operations from the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines during the Vietnam War are in the custody of the National Archives at College Park - Motion Picture (RDSM) via email at mopix@nara.gov. RDSM also has custody of newsreels series directed at the peoples of South Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, and Laos as well as numerous documentaries that reported the war's progress and explained America's strategy in terms of its foreign policy objectives.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck on your research!

1 person found this helpful