2 people found this helpful
Dear Ms. Nill,
Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!
Most of the information we located pertained to Henry or Joseph Lloyd or the Lloyd Manor:
- Joseph Lloyd Manor -- http://preservationlongisland.org/joseph-lloyd-manor/
- Papers of the Lloyd family of the manor of Queens Village, Lloyd's Neck, Long Island, New York, 1654-1826 -- https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/003077026
- The Archaeology of Captivity and Freedom at Joseph Lloyd Manor -- https://scholarworks.umass.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1300&context=adan
- Lloyd Harbor Historical Society -- http://www.lloydharborhistoricalsociety.org/index.html
- New York State Archives -- digital collection has a court case file and a will pertaining to Joseph Lloyd (may have additional records)
- New York Public Library -- Lloyd Family Papers, 1654-1822 https://www.nyhistory.org/slavery-and-underground-railroad-guide
- Slavery on Long Island, NY -- https://www.hofstra.edu/pdf/library/libspc_soli.pdf
We also located information concerning Jupiter Hammon:
The African-American Poet, Jupiter Hammon: A Home-Born Slave and His Classical Name -- https://www.jstor.org/stable/30224121?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
- Complete works of Jupiter Hammon -- https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1064&context=etas
We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!