1 Reply Latest reply on May 16, 2019 9:17 AM by Rebecca Collier

    Death certificate for Vietnam vet

    Mary Goodman Newbie

      How can I obtain a death certificate for my first husband who was killed in Vietnam, in 1970, while on active duty in the U.S. Army?

        • Re: Death certificate for Vietnam vet
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Ms. Goodman,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The information you seek may be contained in his burial case file (also called the Individual Deceased Personnel File or IDPF). IDPFs for WWII-1976 for service members with surnames begining with A - L., please contact the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL) via email at stl.archives@nara.gov.


          As of now, RL-SL has not received the IDPFs of service members with surnames beginning with M - Z. In order to request these records, please write to U.S. Army Human Resources Command, Casualty & Memorial Affairs Operations Division, ATTN: AHRC-PDC, 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Department 450, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5405.


          We hope this information is helpful.


          2 of 2 people found this helpful