1 Reply Latest reply on May 6, 2019 11:38 AM by Holly Rivet

    Need to Correct DD-214


      What proof do i need to send to change the wrong birth date on my DD-214? I have already downloaded form DD-149 and filled it out but not sure what to send with form to prove my correct birthday.

        • Re: Need to Correct DD-214
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Mr. Kendziewski,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The National Archives does not make alterations of any kind to the records we hold.  In order to request a correction you will need to submit a DD Form 149, Application for Correction of Military Records.  The second page outlines which address you must send it to depending on your branch of service.  Please visit the National Personnel Records Center’s webpage on the topic for more information. 


          We hope this information has been helpful.


          Holly Rivet

          Archives Technician


          2 people found this helpful