1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 30, 2019 11:43 AM by Rebecca Collier

1907 Service Command Unit?

Jennifer Waddell Newbie

Looking for information or where I can find information on Company "B" 1907 Service Command Unit. I found a discharge certificate of my grandfather 's that was in his stuff. I have searched and haven't come up with anything really. I know it was issued to him October 23rd 1945 in Fort Lewis Washington. I also know that he served in the Washington National guard and reserves but I don't know if that has anything to with this unit. Also I forgot to mention on the certificate it says Army of the United States instead of United States Army. Please if anyone could help with any info to help it would be much appreciated!

• Re: 1907 Service Command Unit?
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Ms. Waddell,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the World War II Operations Reports, 1940-1948 in the Records of the Adjutant General's Office, 1905-1981 (Record Group 407) and the Unit Histories, 1943 - 1967 in the Records of U.S. Army Operational, Tactical, and Support Organizations (World War II and Thereafter), 1917-1999 (Record Group 338) but were unable to locate any records of the 1097th Service Command Unit during or after WWII.

For access to personnel records of non-active duty National Guard enlisted personnel and officers in the Army, please contact the Adjutant General of the Washington State National Guard Association via email at ngaw@ngaw.org or the web site at www.ngaw.org.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!