1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2019 1:12 PM by Rebecca Collier

20th Military Airlift Squadron (MAS) 1970-1972

Anyone with records that proves boots on the ground in Vietnam? I am having a difficult time proving we flew in and out of Vietnam even though I have a review stating that I was in a combat mission to Southeast Asia!

• Re: 20th Military Airlift Squadron (MAS) 1970-1972
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Mr. Casey,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) has custody of microfilm copies of operational records relating to U.S. Air Force units.  We searched the index to the Air Force History microfilm and located histories of the 20th Military Airlift Squadron on Reels K3463 - K3464, K3466 - K3468, and N0747. 

Since the microfilm copies of these reels are still security classified, the National Archives is unable to make these reels available to you.  The original paper copy from which the film was created is still in the custody of the Air Force Historical Research Agency and has been declassified.  We suggest you call (334) 953-2395 or write to the Air Force Historical Research Agency, 600 Chennault Circle, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL 36112-6424, for further information concerning these records. The web site is https://www.afhra.af.mil/.

We hope this information is helpful.

1 person found this helpful