1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 17, 2019 2:46 PM by Rebecca Collier

    format of military records


      I would like to get my military records, but when I did this for my uncle's records (I'm next of kin) I received microfiche.   I spent days getting his 10 pages transferred to a CD.  I really don't want to do that again.  Is there any way to find out how they send out records? I have many originals that are faded due to mimeographing, but even that would be easier then locating a microfiche machine.

        • Re: format of military records
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Ms. Wiff,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          When you left the service determines what agency currently has your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). Please check https://www.archives.gov/veterans to see if your OMPF is in the custody of the National Personnel Records Center or the Human Resources Department of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Air Force. In your request, indicate the format in which you wish to receive the records.


          We hope this information is helpful.


          1 person found this helpful