1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2019 11:10 AM by Rebecca Collier

Allied Missions in Limousin, WWII

Bonjour, je mène une recherche sur les officiers alliés qui sont venus combattre avec la résistance dans ma région le Limousin (France). Je sais qu'ils ont rédigé des rapports et pris de nombreuses photographies. J'aimerai connaitre les références de ces documents dans les archives nationales américaines. Ces documents concernent les missions et officiers suivants :

TERMINAL : Cap Grell et Lieut Cutting

BERGAMOTTE : Major Shannon

FIREMAN : Cap Morgan

Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

Cordialement

Christian PENOT

=================================================

Translation:

Hello, I am conducting research on the Allied officers who came to fight with the resistance in my region Limousin (France). I know they have written reports and taken many photographs. I would like to know the references of these documents in the American National Archives. These documents concern the following missions and officers:

OPERATION TERMINAL: Capt Grell and Lt Cutting

BERGAMOTE MISSION: Major Shannon

FIREMAN(?): Capt Morgan

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cordially,

Christian PENOT

• Re: Allied Missions in Limousin, WWII
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Mr. Penot,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the indexes to the Records of the Office of Strategic Services (Record Group 226) and located a series titled Field Station Files, 1941-1946 that included files pertaining to Bergamote Mission (Box 740, Fldr 1466), Fireman (Box 740, Fldr 1464 & Box 542, Fldr 51), Capt. William Grell (Box 300, Fldr 94), and Lt. Robert F. Cutting (Box 581, Fldr 419). We also located a series titled Personnel Files of the Office of Strategic Services, 1942-1962 that includes files for Capt. William Grell (Box 292), Lt. Robert F. Cutting (Box 162), Capt. Joseph or Thomas Morgan (both in Box 538), and LTC Jack Shannon (Box 699). No file was located for a Major Shannon.

For access to these files, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov. For possible OSS photograph collections, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Still Pictures (RDSS) via email at stillpix@nara.gov.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

1 person found this helpful