1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2019 11:41 AM by Rebecca Collier

    TDY records


      Was stationed in Guam with the 515th Ord(Army) in 1965 till 67. I need my TDY records, how do I acquire these, who do I write to? Please I need help

        • Re: TDY records
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Surman,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Unit records in our custody do not include the record of temporary duty (TDY) assignments for individuals.  Under normal Department of the Army records management procedures, such documentation would be destroyed after initial administrative use.  A copy of these records should have been placed in your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).


          OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1957 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please completed a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Or you may apply online at https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/.


          We hope this information is helpful.


          2 people found this helpful