1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2019 12:46 PM by Rebecca Collier Branched from an earlier discussion.

War bride ship lists from the Philippines to USA 1945-1965

Jeannie Magdua Newbie

I am looking for information about War Brides.

I am a grad student at the University of Hawaii researching Filipina War Brides. I am looking for data and documentation pertaining to the War Brides' exit from their home country and travel to the United States. I am aware that these brides underwent interviews by military personnel and had to fill out forms and submit documents prior to traveling to the United States. I am hoping that such documents are obtainable through the LOC.

Passenger lists on the bride ships, their landing ports in the U.S. and dates of arrival would also be extremely helpful.

I am also looking for general data as to the numbers of War Brides from the Philippines from the date of the enactment of War Brides Act Public Law 271, December 28, 1945 through December 31, 1965. My research will be expanding to the Asia-Pacific region, so data from other countries would be welcome as well.

I looked at the DHS website and such specific data is not available there, or I don't know where to look there.