1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2019 7:50 AM by Rebecca Collier

    can I obtain a IDPF for a ww2 army casualty


      I understand this information was transferred to College Park mast year.

        • Re: can I obtain a IDPF for a ww2 army casualty
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Edkins,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Burial case files (later called the Individual Deceased Personnel File or IDPF) from 1915-WWII are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL), P.O. Box 38757, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. For access to these records, please contact RL-SL via email at stl.archives@nara.gov.


          For WWII-1976, the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL) currently holds the Army Individual Deceased Personnel Files for men with surnames A-L. They have not yet received the records of veterans with surnames M-Z. In order to request those records please write to U.S. Army Human Resources Command, Casualty & Memorial Affairs Operations Division, ATTN: AHRC-PDC, 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Department 450, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5405.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!


          1 person found this helpful