1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2019 11:09 AM by Rebecca Collier

Seeking information about my cousin in North Africa

mike matejevich Newbie

my cousin was DOF in North Africa, Trying to find out what happened ASN 0-1550517 Steven Todorovich. I have two "In grateful memory of..." certificates.  One was signed by Roosevelt and one by Truman.  One say in the North African Area 10 October 1943.  The other has his AS# on it without the date.  Just trying to find out what happened and where.  My dad was there at the same time and we were wondering how geographically close they were at the time. Thanks for your help.

• Re: Seeking information about my cousin in North Africa
          Rebecca Collier Pioneer

Dear Mr. Matejevich,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The information you seek may be contained in your cousin’s burial case file (later called the Individual Deceased Personnel File or IDPF). For WWII to 1976, the National Archives at St. Louis currently holds the Army IDPFs for men with surnames A-L. They have not yet received the records of veterans with surnames M-Z. In order to request those records, please write to U.S. Army Human Resources Command, Casualty & Memorial Affairs Operations Division, ATTN: AHRC-PDC, 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Department 450, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5405.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!

2 of 2 people found this helpful